732 million euros to support the fishing sector, fishermen, processors and aquaculture and compensate for the significant reduction in fishing opportunities under the European Funds for Fisheries program

Plan działania na rzecz lepszego

On December 9, 2022. The European Commission has approved the European Funds for Fisheries program for 2021 – 2027. The budget – €732 million – is funded 70% by the European Maritime, Fisheries and Aquaculture Fund, with the remaining 30% to come from the budgets of the beneficiary countries. The initiative is a continuation of the Operational Program for Fisheries and the Sea implemented from 2014 to 2020.

The main objectives of the program are:

  • Implementation of the Common Fisheries Policy and the EU Maritime Policy;
  • Promoting sustainable fisheries and conservation of living marine resources;
  • Ensuring food security;
  • Implementation of the European Green Deal;
  • Strengthening the resilience of the fishing sector;
  • Development of a sustainable blue economy.

The program targets marine fishermen, Local Fisheries Action Groups, fishing and producer organizations, and scientific institutions.

The priorities of the program are to promote sustainable fishing and the conservation of living aquatic resources (over 314 million euros) and to support sustainable aquaculture activities and the processing and marketing of fishery and aquaculture products, thereby contributing to food security in the Union (over 304 million euros).

Work is currently underway on drafts of the implementation law and implementing regulations. The assumed date of entry into force of the legislation enabling the launch of the program is the first quarter of 2023 . At the same time, work is underway to establish a monitoring committee and develop criteria for selecting operations.

Używamy plików cookie, aby zapewnić najlepszą jakość korzystania z Internetu. Zgadzając się, zgadzasz się na użycie plików cookie zgodnie z naszą polityką plików cookie.

Close Popup
Privacy Settings saved!
Ustawienie prywatności

Kiedy odwiedzasz dowolną witrynę internetową, może ona przechowywać lub pobierać informacje w Twojej przeglądarce, głównie w formie plików cookie. Tutaj możesz kontrolować swoje osobiste usługi cookie.

These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems.

Technical Cookies
In order to use this website we use the following technically required cookies
  • wordpress_test_cookie
  • wordpress_logged_in_
  • wordpress_sec

Cloudflare
For perfomance reasons we use Cloudflare as a CDN network. This saves a cookie "__cfduid" to apply security settings on a per-client basis. This cookie is strictly necessary for Cloudflare's security features and cannot be turned off.
  • __cfduid

Odrzuć
Zapisz
Zaakceptuj

music-cover