This year marks the end of the nationwide program for environmental regeneration of soils through liming, which has been running since 2019. Its goal is to support the regeneration efforts of soils acidified by anthropogenic influences. The program is intended for projects to purchase and sow fertilizer lime or liming agents.
By when should I apply for a subsidy for liming?
Subsidies, in accordance with the assumptions adopted by the National Environmental Protection and Water Management Fund, include the so-called “green” products. Eligible costs incurred by agricultural producers until October 31, 2023. (the date on the invoice documenting the purchase of fertilizer lime may not be later than 31.10.2023).
Detailed rules on the use of funding for liming
Eligible costs are the costs of purchasing fertilizer lime, excluding transportation and seeding expenses:
- Fertilizer lime as specified in Annex 6 to the Order of the Minister of Economy of September 8, 2010. On the way mineral fertilizers are packaged, the placement of information about fertilizer components on such packages, the way mineral fertilizers are tested, and the types of fertilizer lime (Journal of Laws No. 183, item 1229);
- liming agent referred to in the provisions of Regulation (EU) 2019/1009 of the European Parliament and of the Council of June 5, 2019. laying down rules for making fertilizer products available on the EU market, amending Regulations (EC) No. 1069/2009 and (EC) No. 1107/2009, and repealing Regulation (EC) No. 2003/2003.
Holders of farmland with a soil pH equal to or exceeding 5.5 can apply for funding for liming. At the same time, a subsidy may be obtained for the purchase of lime or liming agent for sowing on an area not exceeding 75 hectares of agricultural land within 1 calendar year.
- Up to PLN 300/ton of pure deacidification component (CaO and MgO) for farms with less than 25 hectares of agricultural land;
- Up to PLN 200/ton of pure deacidification component (CaO and MgO) for farms with an area of more than 25 hectares, but not exceeding 50 hectares of agricultural land;
- Up to PLN 100/ton of pure deacidification component (CaO and MgO) for farms between 50 and 75 hectares of farmland. Areas above this value are not eligible for funding.
Funding will be provided for the implementation of projects resulting in an improvement in the quality of the environment, excluding agrotechnical treatments, which will be confirmed by a positive opinion of the relevant District Chemical and Agricultural Station. Funding for regeneration activities for a given land parcel may be granted no more often than once every four years (calculated from the date of the agreement).
Refinancing of soil liming after the program ends
The continuation of the Nationwide program for environmental regeneration of soils through liming will be implemented within the framework of the CAP Strategic Plan ecoscheme “Carbon farming and nutrient management”, within the scope of which the practice “Development and adherence to a fertilization plan” will be implemented in the basic variant and the variant with liming. Detailed information on this practice can be found on the website of the Agency for the Restructuring and Modernization of Agriculture.