On June 27, 2023, the European Commission adopted delegated acts to the Taxonomy for the four environmental objectives:
- Sustainable use and protection of water and marine resources;
- The transition to a closed-loop economy;
- Pollution prevention and control;
- Protection and restoration of biodiversity and ecosystems.
This means that with the cosmetic changes to the delegated regulations for the Climate Taxonomy (Climate Change Mitigation and Climate Change Adaptation), we already have certain activities recognized at the European Union level as sustainable.
- Manufacturing, installation and related services for leakage control technologies to reduce and prevent leakage in water supply systems;
- water supply;
- municipal wastewater treatment;
- sustainable urban drainage systems;
- Nature-based solutions for preventing and protecting against flood and drought risks;
- Providing data-driven IT/OT solutions for leakage reduction.
Regulations for Environmental Taxonomy now available
The adoption of the Delegated Act to the Taxonomy for the 4 environmental objectives results in documents already available in all official EU languages, including Polish. Until now, we could only read this material in English. On the Taxonomy page you can download texts in different languages.
The public consultation, which had been underway since April 4, ended on May 3. The comments collected as part of the process are available on the European Commission’s website. More than 500 comments were received and each was published with information about the submitter.