National Fund for Environmental Protection and Water Management (NFOŚiGW) as of September 1, 2023. is launching a second call for proposals in the “Innovations for the Environment” program. Its goal is to support the implementation of new technologies and projects in the field of environmental protection. They are intended to contribute to the goals of the European Green Deal, including climate neutrality, green transformation of the economy and sustainable development.
Assumptions of the program “Innovations for the Environment”
The “Innovations for the Environment” program will support environmental projects that will make a significant contribution to one of the following goals:
- climate change mitigation;
- climate change adaptation;
- Sustainable use and protection of water and marine resources;
- A closed-loop economy, including waste prevention and recycling;
- Prevention and control of air, water and land pollution;
- Protection and restoration of biodiversity and ecosystems.
Innovation may relate to a product, technology or process with at least Polish market coverage, preceded by research and development work confirming the readiness of the solution for implementation on a larger, commercial scale. Innovative ventures should be characterized by features, qualities and functionalities that distinguish them from already implemented solutions. Their implementation should lead to more visible environmental effects compared to other commercially available solutions in the same category.
Types of projects implemented under the program “Innovations for the Environment”
Under the “Innovations for the Environment” program, you can apply for support for projects of an innovative nature, implemented in an existing or newly established enterprise, consisting of:
Increasing production capacity by building a production line or factory to manufacture innovative products;
- Implementing new or significantly improved technology or solutions in its own operations to improve efficiency in the use of natural resources, reduce the negative impact of humans on the environment or strengthen the resilience of the economy to environmental pressures, in line with the program’s objective.
Current call for applications under the “Innovations for the Environment” program
As intended, the “Innovations for the Environment” program is aimed at entrepreneurs within the meaning of the provisions of the Act of. March 6, 2018. Business Law.
Applicants will be able to apply for reimbursable financing of 85% of the project’s eligible costs, and once the project is completed, they will receive a bonus in the form of an innovation bonus, which will reduce the repayable capital by 20%, but not more than 10 million zlotys.
The projected budget for the implementation of the second call is PLN 1 billion, and the deadline for submitting project fiches starts on September 1, 2023. and runs through October 31, 2023.
Recruitment and evaluation of applications will be carried out in two stages:
- Stage I – recruitment of project fiches, evaluation of compliance with the pre-selection criteria, as specified in para. 8.1 of the “Innovation for the Environment” program;
- Stage II – evaluation of complete grant applications in accordance with the selection criteria set forth in paragraph. 8.2 of the program. Invitations to the second stage will be given to applications that received a positive evaluation in the first stage.